Yes our first school day is tomorrow so I sat down tonight and sketched out a plan of how tomorrow’s activities. Here’s a little preview for you:
* Throw in a load of washing or ten to start the day
* Make breakfast while the boys review their skip counting patterns and months of the year
* Have breakfast together while reviewing Latin vocabulary; continent, ocean and significant lines names (add in prime meridian); days in each month poem; Bible verses (add in a new verse); addition facts and learn the first line of the syllabary
* Get dressed, brush teeth, make beds
* Do chores together, moving from room to room selecting five things each that needs cleaning or tidying
* Take first day of school photos
* Sit down and snuggle up for Bible reading
* Review the Grammar concepts and skills we learned in Rod and Staff last year (mostly oral but some whiteboard work on diagramming)
* Work together on a “My First Day of Homeschooling in 2011” worksheet that my friend Susan created and I tweaked for my boys
* One boy works with me on copywork of sentences in Spelling Wisdom while the other completes the illustrations on his “My First Day” worksheet; then they switch
* Boys complete a review exercise each in Singapore Math
* Ethan read aloud a section of his novel to me and then goes and reads more on his own while Brayden reads two of his readers to me
* Finish up the day by read two to three chapters of our history novel, “Children of the Longhouse”.
It’s not a full day for us but I think it’ll sufficiently warm up our brains…mine at least. We might need to add a nana-nap in there somewhere. Hehehehe. Oh yeah and several rebootings of the washing machine and hanging laundry if the sky plays fair.
Just a few things to print so I better go and do that before the new day is upon me.