I thought I’d introduce you to one of my favourite tools…my comb binder machine.
My binder machine has had a good workout over the years.
I use it for all sorts of things.
* I’ve bound blank pages together to make little drawing/note books for the boys and moi.
* I’ve bound flashcards together to keep from loosing them.
* I’ve bound the boys’ stories and pictures together to make little books
* I’ve created and printed our own workbooks for school
* Every year I make my own homeschool diary and bind it up
* I bind my Homeschool Registration and reporting and make it look nice and spiffy
* And of course I’ve printed and bound numerous ebooks too.
Oh yes and my family and friends have found plenty of uses for it too. Mine is a commercial version so it can tolerate a fair bit of use. Even my boys use the binder machine to bind their bits and bobs together.
I store my machine in the bottom of our office cupboard so if the boys wish to use it it’s easily accessible to them. It’s really very heavy for its size.
The only improvement I found necessary was the addition of a protective covering for the metal prongs that your comb sits on as you binder your pages together. In my mind I could just see a small child falling and injuring themselves on these so with a few pieces of discarded plastic stuff from Grandad’s shed we made our own cover.
Of course a comb binder isn’t a vital homeschool tool but boy is it handy to have sometimes.