Oh it must be Blog Award season as I’ve received two this week. Erin from Seven Little Australians and Counting nominated me to join in the fun of the Stylish Blogger Award. (OH and yes Erin, if we should ever meet I’d happily offer you a cup of tea and we could talk books until the cows come home…and since I don’t have cows it’ll be a really long time before any head my way. Hehehe.)
Okay, on with the nitty gritty details of the blog. I have to reveal 7 things about myself that you might not know.
1. I love my sleep…don’t call early in the morning. I don’t even answer the door to my book parcel man if he calls too early! No. Really!
2. Vegetables are not my favourite thing. I’m learning to tolerate them in my old age but I doubt I’ll ever love them.
3. I’m fascinated by weather events (from the safety of my lounge chair that is) and so is my youngest…but you wouldn’t get me out in one.
4. Growing up I lived in all sorts of homes – an apartment (we call them “flats”), a 3 storey home with indoor pool, a small demountable building with no electricity or water, with family, in rental homes, a caravan, in a cabin at a caravan park and in the shell of a house my father was building. So when I got married and moved into an “ordinary” house I was so excited.
5. If I could I would have a large family. That’s not a possibility so my husband breathes a sigh of relief.
6. My husband taught me to drive and I didn’t get my license until I was 23 turning 24. Hey, I had a great Daddy who drove me where I needed to go. Plus no money to buy a car anywhere and no great desire to learn until I really needed to.
7. My book collection started when I won $50 book voucher in a writing contest my teacher made me enter. I had to write about what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said a teacher but I wanted to start my own school that would be very unlike school as we knew it. When they read it aloud on assembly it had the teachers in stitches of laughter but hey it wasn’t meant to be amusing. I wish I still had that piece of writing.
Now to nominate others to share in the fun: