I have been busy all afternoon printing bits and bobs for the coming school year.
It’s times like these when I really love our Continuous Ink Supply System. Hubby bought a whole litre of black ink (as opposed to the meager 8mls you get in those silly cartridge things) so there’s no chance of me running out of ink for quite some time. Paper, however, is a whole other matter. I’ll need to pick up another ream tomorrow.
Okay sensitive, tree hugging environmentalist types, avert your eyes. You’re not going to be able to cope with the graphic nature of this next photo.
Okay so it’s less than my last printing storm. But not by much.
What on earth have I been printing? What could be more important than trees? In my defense, the trees were already dead.
In my printed pile you’ll find:
* A set of phonic readers (a good chunk of this pile)
* A “Dictation Exercises” booklet
* The poems we will memorise this year
* Both boys Dailies books
* Both boys daily multiplication and division fact drills
* “The Checklist” which I’ve had for a while and hadn’t printed
* “Trail Guide to World Geography” – another ebook I’ve had for ages and finally decided to use
* and both boys copywork books
Hanging head in shame…It’s almost two reams worth. But all necessary stuff.
Now to start the binding spree.
When I was teaching at school I had a teacher’s aide who did all this work for me. Hmmm…I’ll have to tell hubby I need one for our school. Chances? Nil to none. Oh well. It was an exciting thought for a split second.