Ah, one week down, lots more to come.
Today was a bit topsy-turvy as we needed to be grocery shopping and, since the torrential rain was predicted to worsen by the afternoon, we decided to shop first then do school.
Afternoon school never works as well as morning school. I don’t know how people can attend morning homeschool activities and then rally the troops to some school work in the afternoon. It wouldn’t work in our house.
We managed a few school activities:
– Bible reading
– Memory verses on Cd
– A chapter from Nancy Ganz’s “Genesis”
– A chapter from “More Storytimes with Grandma”
– Read “A Migrant Mouse” about a mouse on the First Fleet (loved it!)
– Handwriting activity
– Reviewed countries of Europe
– Read readers with the littlest fellow
– While the eldest composed a summary for the plot of the novel he read this week
– Ethan then retired to some computer programming while Brayden built with Lego and created a set of cards to accompany his Hero collection.
A bit of a light day but the homeschooling life is sometimes topsy-turvy. Flexibility (within a range of common sense of course) is one of the many beauties of homeschooling.
Well time to write up my journal for the week. I have my weekly planner beside me and all of my photos for the week uploaded to the computer. Time to put pen to paper…or is that font to screen….hmmm…whichever it is, I can procrastinate no longer. I can’t be falling behind on my very first week! 🙂