The details of our week that you can’t discern from this mess:
– We finished reading the Book of Luke from the Bible
– We finished reading “Boys and Girls Playing” by J. C. Ryle
– We worked on memorising the Books of the Bible and our Bible verses
– We didn’t read enough of Nancy Ganz’s Genesis – oh for more hours in the day to read!
– We read “The Priest With Dirty Clothes” by R. C. Sproul – Beautiful!
– We worked on memorising the countries of Asia while reviewing the countries of Europe
– We watched dvd episodes of “My Beautiful House” viewing life in Athens, Canada, Korea, Venice and Hydra Islands
– We read David Adler’s book, “Time Zones”
– We read another chapter of Jackie French’s “Grim Crims and Convicts“
– We read, “Atlantis: The Lost City”
– We looked through a book on Auschwitz, opting to discuss the holocaust rather than reading the text in the book
– We watched Behind the News…history in the making??
A bit light in the history department this week…hmmm….
– We watched Backyard Science and Science Clips on ABC Education
– We completed lesson 8 in “Science in the Creation Week” by Dr Jay Wile, investigating light we can not see, specifically infrared and ultraviolet light
– We created a notebook page on visible and non-visible light
– We watched Brainpop episodes on the electromagnet spectrum, forms of energy, lights and various others
– We did our Daily Math algorithms, skip counting, shape memorisation, measurement conversions and facts
– Each boy worked on Singapore Mathematic exercises – Ethan on fractions and Brayden on multiplication and money
– We started reading “Life of Fred: Edgewood” exploring rhombuses, trapeziums, ordinal and cardinal numbers, functions etc
– We watched this week’s episode of Cyberchase
– We read “Zachary Zormer Shape Transformer” and tried the activities we read about
– We explored the mobius strip, reading the related chapter in “The Adventures of Penrose” and trying the suggested activities
– We completed 6 logic problems
– We reviewed our grammar definitions and poems
– We completed copywork exercises and spelling tasks
– Ethan wrote a report after fireworks using IEW style and structure
– Brayden read aloud from several readers each day and worked on Explode the Code pages
– Ethan read aloud to Daddy every night from a novel and then read to himself from another novel
– We visited the library as always
– We started reading Grammarland again
– We listened to more of our audio “20 000 Leagues Under the Sea”
– We reviewed our Latin vocabulary
– We read “Vivaldi and the Invisible Orchestra”
– The boys did some creating with paddlepop sticks
– We had a swimming lesson
– The boys enjoyed an afternoon of playing with a homeschooled friend and scootering
– The boys enjoyed a day out at the park playing with other homeschooled families, exploring a bamboo forest, playing tag, digging in the sandpit and scootering
Now I’m looking forward to a new week but I better clean my homeschool table first!!